ALUCAT® WARRANTY TERMS
General warranty terms for ALUCAT® boat packages from 1st January 2018
1. The general warranty terms of ALUCAT® boat packages shall apply to:
– ALUCAT® + motor boat packages
2. Warranty provider per brand:
– The warranty of outboard motors shall be issued by the engine manufacturer
– The warranty of ALUCAT® boats shall be issued by Alucat Catamarans Oy
3. The hull of the boat has a 2-year hull warranty and the outboard motors have a warranty provided by the motor manufacturer. The equipment installed to the boat at the shipyard and by the retailer (steering, gauges, electrical system, electronics, hood, cushions, seats, retrofittings and accessories) have an equipment-specific warranty provided by the manufacturers
4. The warranty of the boat and hull does not cover aesthetic deviations, colour changes caused by UV radiation, oxidation, mould or the fading of colours or melting caused by the use of solvents.
5. Any faults to the raw materials or manufacturing that are identified during the warranty period of the boat shall be repaired by the boat manufacturer free of charge. The boat must be delivered to the manufacturer or a location appointed by the manufacturer for inspection, unless otherwise separately agreed with the manufacturer.
6. The warranty of the outboard motor is subject to the warranty terms of the outboard motor manufacturer and any warranty issues are handled directly with the outboard motor service company.
7. The warranty does not cover:
– Faults that are caused by factors independent from the manufacturer, such as natural wear and tear, incorrect or lack of maintenance, lack of damage repairs or use that is non-compliant with the instructions in the owner’s manual or the negligence of instructions
– Boats to which structural changes have been made by someone other than the boat manufacturer
– Boats to which an outboard motor has been installed that exceeds the power or weight specified on the manufacturer’s HIN plate
– Boats which have had their manufacturing number removed
8. In professional and hire use, as well as other similar use, the warranty period is one (1) year.
9. The warranty shall expire as a result of boat damage, if damages have occurred to the boat or its hull, or if the insurance company has written off the boat or engine
10. The warranty shall expire if the first owner of the boat sells the boat for professional, hire or competition use, and for other uses referred to previously.
11. Indirect damages caused by faults shall not be compensated, and the warranty shall not cover any indirect or consequential costs or other equivalent costs, such as e.g. loss of use time and travel or cargo costs
12. The warranty is subject to the warranty card being fully completed in the warranty system (the manufacturer/retailer shall complete this in connection with the sale)
13. In warranty issues, the customer is obliged to contact the seller/manufacturer of the product.
Alucat Catamarans Oy, firstname.lastname@example.org